The Community Education Program raises awareness, informs the community, and works towards the prevention of sexualized violence in our community.
We educate our community through:
- Prevention and awareness campaigns
- Events, (Take Back the Night, Dec 6 Memorial, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, International Women’s Week and more)
- Development and facilitation of educational materials, speaks and workshops.
- Participating and engaging in local coordinating committees
- Responding to media
- Social advocacy
We receive many requests for public education through the year. If you are looking for a specific topic for a speak we can tailor our material and work with you and your needs. Our Community Education and Engagement can include:
- Workshops & Conferences
- Resource Materials
- Info Booth and Displays
- Advocacy and Support
Some of our most popular requests include:
- Sexual Violence 101
- Responding to Disclosure
- Healthy Relationships
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Bystander Intervention
- Sexting and Online Safety
- Engaging Men & Boys
- Sexual Assault and The Law
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Medicine Wheel
- Abuse and the Residential School System
- Human Trafficking for the Purpose of Sexual Exploitation
- Trauma Informed Care/Response
- Sex Work vs. Human Trafficking
- Sexual Violence and Mental Health
- Managing Anxiety
For some online resources check out:
Please note that we do require advance notice of requests for speaks/workshops and training and may not be able to accommodate all requests due to prior commitments.
SAC Kingston also often hosts events and training on different topics throughout the year. Check our events page for upcoming information or request to be put on our email list.