WE BELIEVE SURVIVORS
Chat & Text Crisis and Support Line
Available from noon to midnight, 7 days a week
Text us at 613-544-6424 or CHAT WITH US HERE
‘We Believe Survivors’ is our secure, online chat & text support service, available for all survivors of sexual violence, regardless of gender and/or identity. You will be connected to a trained, non-judgmental facilitator who can offer you emotional support, information, resources and safety planning techniques. You are always welcome to come back and chat with us again.
Please read through our privacy suggestions below to help keep yourself safe while accessing our service.
Confidentiality & Privacy:
We Believe Survivors is run by the Sexual Assault Centre Kingston, and all information you share with us remains confidential to our agency. This service is anonymous, meaning we cannot see your IP address or your phone number, and you do not need to share any identifying information to access this service. We will never track, record, or store any chat or text conversations that take place, and we cannot get anyone else involved if you choose to stay anonymous.
While our platform is designed to protect you and your data, nothing is ever 100% secure. To further ensure your safety while using our platform please consider:
- using a password on your phone or device
- using a private browser or incognito mode when chatting with us online
- clearing your browser history after you are finished chatting with us online
- deleting all messages after texting us, and not taking screenshots
SACK has a duty to report in particular circumstances:
- If you are under the age of 16 and tell us that someone is hurting you, has hurt you, or is likely to hurt you in the future;
- If you tell us you are planning to hurt yourself or someone else.
We only can report if we have identifying information; if you do not provide this information, we will not make a report.
Our Crisis and Support Service is designed to support individuals who have been impacted by sexual and gender based violence, not perpetrators.