Sexual Assault Centre Kingston’s Crisis Services Complaints Handling Procedure
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing high-quality support for survivors of sexual violence. When something goes wrong, we want to ensure we have the chance to make a change. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact email@example.com or (613) 545-0762 ext. 103 with the details. The Volunteer Coordinator has eight weeks to consider your complaint. If they have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Executive Director.
What to include
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 545-0762 ext. 103 with your complaint. In your complaint, please provide as much detail as you are comfortable sharing to ensure we resolve this complaint in a timely manner. Please include your name, preferred contact method, name of volunteer/name of service you received, time and date, details of the complaint, and desired resolution.
What will happen next?
- We will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three business days of receiving it, attaching a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This normally involves speaking with the volunteer or volunteers involved in this crisis service.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will then contact you using your preferred method of communication to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 15 business days of sending the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three business days of contacting you, the Volunteer Coordinator will email you a copy of a complaint’s resolution– which includes the steps taken and the conclusion of the complaint.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please contact us again and we will arrange for the Executive Director (email@example.com or 613.545.0762. ext. 101) to contact you to review the decision.
- The Executive Director will write to you within 15 business days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact our Board of Directors for further resolution. Please contact the Board Chair, Michelle LaMarche, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).